Monday, July 14, 2014

I'm Back!


Sorry I have been MIA from my blog for the past few weeks. The lack of posts weren't from there not being enough Diabetes related topics, believe me I wish that were the case. We have just been busy with family, battling illnesses and my stress level has just been at such an extreme, I just couldn't muster the energy and brain power to write posts.

Over the past few weeks we have actually attended a few Diabetes events with both JDRF and the American Diabetes Association. These are always fun and I love for Joseph to get to meet other diabetic children and for us to be able to talk and connect with people who "get" it!

I have also been gearing up for our JDRF One Walk . As our team captain I have to start recruiting walkers, and spreading the word about our mission to cure T1D and the fact that we need others help in accomplishing that goal. Every single dollar donated helps put us one inch closer to a life without T1D, but also a better easier life for Joseph with other medical advancements. While we all ultimately want a CURE, we have to be realistic that it isn't going to happen over night. The most important thing is that we are making strides to advance the medical care while we wait for that cure. These medical advancements will help to ensure that Joseph will be in the best medical condition and minimize his complication risks, so that when that cure comes he will be able to seize that opportunity!

T1D is giving us a run for our money this past month. If he is not running High he is running Low. It seems like hitting that happy medium is damn near impossible, no matter what we do. We have had pump failures, adhesive issues and to be honest it is just downright mentally draining! I try not to stress out and remind myself that we are doing the best we can. This is our first summer on a pump and CGM so we are still on a learning curve but when I download that data and see what the week has been like, I can't help to feel as though I am failing him. It is a tough high wire balancing act between managing T1D and letting a 5 year old, be a 5 year old! Plus, the icing on the cake are his impossible questions coming almost daily about why E doesn't have diabetes.......I wish that I could just freeze time, breathe and re-boot...No, wait better yet while I am wishing I'd like to add the little zapper from Men In Black ( I think I just really aged myself LOL) and someone could erase all memories BEFORE T1D!!!! Unfortunately, these aren't an option so I just have to keep pressing on, adapting to this new normal and doing the best that I can.

I have a new D-Life hack that I will be sharing tomorrow for all of those wearing OmniPod and Dexcom, so stay tuned!

Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment