Friday, March 28, 2014

Rockstar Power

There is no denying that I am sleep deprived. Once you have a child diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, sleep becomes a thing you only remember getting. To be honest I can't even remember what real sleep is, the past 5 years I have either been pregnant or had a newborn/toddler that was anti-sleep! However, I got more sleep in those previous 4 years than I have this year, hands down!

I am one of the few people who HATE coffee! Hate the smell, hate any form of the taste. Coffee flavored ice cream....hate it. Bailey's and cream....hate it. Tiramisu....hate it. I think you get the point!

The past year I have been on a mission to find a coffee that I can tolerate, you name it I have tried it. I have found one drink at Starbucks that I like and it is of course crammed full of calories and fat, which is not shocking since something has to masque the awful coffee taste. I have even tried making flavored coffee at home and adding creamers, but the problem with this is I am home with young children and that means that I don't even have the opportunity to drink a full cup before it gets cold and life gets too busy.

Alas, I have found my sidekick.....the Rockstar! Terrible option I know, but honestly I don't really have a choice. There is no way to properly function on the little sleep that my body gets. Even on the nights that Anthony is "on duty" with J, I still don't sleep because I am worried about what is going on with him and or tending to E when he wakes (he is currently cutting his 2 year molars). So for now it is my life line, and what gives me the energy to make it through another day and sleepless night.

I often ask myself what's more unhealthy....a energy drink or no sleep? Either way I figure it is not good, but I know there is a whole crowd of D-Parents right behind me powered by an unimaginable amount of caffeine!

D-Parents: What are you powered by?

No comments:

Post a Comment