Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Sticky Situation

Today, I thought I would share two of my favorite D-products that we just can't live without during site changes!

Uni-Solve Adhesive Remover
If you wear an Insulin Pump or CGM then you know all too well that those things will practically rip your skin off with them during removal. After our first OmniPod removal, I quickly realized that I needed to find something to dissolve the adhesive so removal would be pain free for J. After much research I found this miracle product, and we have never looked back! We purchase our supply on Amazon and we have found that the squeeze bottle is the best, since you can completely drench the adhesive tape. Then once the site or pod is removed, we use the Uni-Solve wipes for any excess adhesive that might be left behind. If you don't use an adhesive remover or are unhappy with your current brand, give this a try and I promise you won't regret it!
To use you just squirt or wipe the area with the solution and let sit for a minute (the longer you wait the easier it will be to remove.) Voila! Pain Free Removal!!!

Skin-Tac Liquid Adhesive
Recently I had to research extra adhesive for J's Dexcom G4 CGM. The adhesive on this site doesn't seem to hold up for the 7 days of wear. After Day 3 I was having to use medical tape to keep the sensor in place for the duration of the week. Until recently that was working fine, but J has started to have reactions to the tapes I use......not good! During my research I found Skin-Tac and after reading countless reviews, I decided that we would give it a try. So far it has been amazing and is helping make the adhesive stick for the entire 7 days. We also order this product off of Amazon.
To use you just apply to the area of the skin where you plan to put your site, let it "dry" for a minute and become sticky, then you apply your Pump or CGM Site as usual! Easy Peasy!! However, if you use this product you will definitely need an adhesive remover to aid in the removal!



What are some D-Products that you can't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment